Old Quilt

/ Thursday 24 September 2009 /

old quilt, originally uploaded by Shadrach Meshach & Abednego.
I forgot one! And what a one to forget - it's on my bed right now. I made this one while I was pregnant with my daughter. Pin-basting that [expletive deleted] on the floor at seven months pregnant was a real feat, and quilting it at the machine wasn't much easier! It's from a book by Mary Ellen Hopkins that was all the rage back in the day. 1992-1993. The colours on this have faded over time somewhat, and the binding is fraying. I need to retire it. But I can't do that until I make another one, now can I?

Here's a closer look at the centre of the quilt. I still love the colours.

My husband often makes the bed with this side up. It makes me insane, since it isn't a pieced back and the fabric is nothing special, and besides! I worked so hard on the front!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger