A Tidy Housewife

/ Friday 30 October 2009 /
Just to be clear, the title of this post does not refer to me.  In fact, two of my former students posted a link on Facebook that they wanted to bring to my attention.  I won't reproduce the photo here, but it is G-rated, so no fear about following the link.  What can I say?  I resemble that remark!
DSC_0045
It's sew-n-tell Friday again - how time flies!  I've not done a passel of quilting this week.  My daughter had H1N1 flu and was home for the best part of a week, and on Wednesday my husband had arthroscopic knee surgery to clean out some bits and pieces that have been bothering him. So I've been wearing my nurse's uniform (not the sexy kind!) and, with writing reference letters for students' scholarship applications and various other work responsibilities, all I've really managed to do is cut my squares for the Values Quiltalong, but at least that is progress.  And I did do a bit of quilting, just a touch, to finish up my housewife.  And there is the reference to the title of this post.
DSC_0038
A housewife, or hussif, is just an archaic term for a sewing kit.  I made one from the cross-stitched storks that I showed last week.  I used the basic logic from this tutorial, but chopped and changed as needed.
DSC_0047
P.S. Does anyone know why my photos, which I add by pasting in the html from Flickr, are not behaving all of a sudden? They are now cut off on the right hand side, which is not the case in the original (click through to Flickr to see the whole photo). What gives? Fixed!

14 comments:

{ Nina Lise@Mrs Moen } on: 30 October 2009 at 14:05 said...

Such a pretty sewing kit! Sounds like you have had a busy week; hope both your daughter and husband are feeling better.

{ Jennifer } on: 30 October 2009 at 14:23 said...

it seems like your layout is too narrow for the photos.

ps - i need to make one of these.

{ Heather } on: 30 October 2009 at 14:34 said...

What a perfect use for your cross stitch. It's beautiful! Hope everyone is feeling better at your house and that you have a great weekend! :o)

{ tara } on: 30 October 2009 at 15:01 said...

Sweet sewing kit. I am of no help with the pictures, sorry.

{ Rene' } on: 30 October 2009 at 16:34 said...

Great sewing kit. I used to do cross stitch all the time. I wonder why I stopped? Hope your crew feels better soon. Enjoy the weekend.

{ QuiltyBee } on: 30 October 2009 at 18:27 said...

How sweet & how handy!

{ amylouwhosews } on: 30 October 2009 at 21:34 said...

I love this! It's so neat and tidy and pretty! I need one too.

Thanks for sharing!

I know flickr just changed the copy paste thing a bit, and blogger changed their picture uploading - it could be a combo of both.

{ Leslie } on: 30 October 2009 at 21:49 said...

this is such a cute little case

{ Nina... } on: 31 October 2009 at 14:13 said...

The sewing kit would make a great little gift for someone special. Very sweet!

{ Colleen } on: 31 October 2009 at 16:18 said...

Very cute! I think I'll store that in the back of my head as an idea for a future project.

{ Lindsay } on: 31 October 2009 at 16:50 said...

Here's another contest for you to enter, if you are so inclined: http://www.larkbooks.com/crafts/quilt-it-contest

{ Sandra Schwab } on: 1 November 2009 at 09:22 said...

Happy belated birthday, Lesly!

I love your storky little housewife - it's so pretty.

I hope everybody in your family will feel better soon. :)

{ Jocelyn } on: 1 November 2009 at 20:34 said...

What a cute sewing kit Lesly! Love the cross stitch. Hope your family is on the mend :-)

{ Catherine } on: 2 November 2009 at 15:43 said...

Beautiful cross stitch on this sweet sewing kit. Thnks for sharing this, sounds like you had quite a week.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger