She finally decided

/ Monday 16 May 2011 /
It is a very happy day here, since, after weeks of agonizing, my daughter has finally decided in favour of McGill University in Montreal, the most beautiful city in North America (and thankfully, only a three-hour train ride away). My husband and I are both alums of McGill, so we are thrilled that she has chosen to wear "the red and white sweater, the dirtier the better"!

Let's fade out with a rousing chorus of the song by E. Wallace Willard Jr. (Arts, 1923).

When James McGill set out to found a university
He often used to wonder what sort of place 'twould be
But when he reasoned to himself within his heart of hearts
He knew the proudest place would be the Faculty of Arts
Arts, Arts, a wonderful place is Arts.
So banish cares and troubles 'til the dawning.
We shall pass the bowl along and we'll sing a joyous song,
'Cause we don't get up for classes in the morning!

7 comments:

{ Suzanna } on: 16 May 2011 at 10:01 said...

Mazel tov!

{ Linz } on: 16 May 2011 at 10:02 said...

Yea!! Congratulations!!

{ Dee } on: 16 May 2011 at 14:22 said...

Congratulations!

{ Sew Create It - Jane } on: 16 May 2011 at 16:08 said...

Montreal is a fantastic city! I was born and bred there and have so many fond memories of downtown Montreal!!

{ Lisa } on: 16 May 2011 at 19:01 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{ Lisa } on: 16 May 2011 at 19:05 said...

Lesly, I guess I didn't realize that this was your blog. congratulations to your daughter! She is beautiful!

{ Thelma } on: 19 May 2011 at 14:18 said...

Congratulations to you all! I think it sounds like your daughter chose wisely! I'll never forget the day my daughter got accepted into her first college of choice, 1800 miles from home, she still thinks my tears were tears of happiness . . .

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger