DQS12

/ Thursday 15 March 2012 /
DQS12 top finished
I've been slowly working on this little mini for the 12th round of the Doll Quilt Swap on Flickr.  The parameters of the swap were interesting: we had to incorporate at least one of the following: New York Beauty, churn dash, flying geese or log cabin, and if we used a solid background it had to be a colour other than white.  So here is the top of mine, finally finished - it's made of four New York Beauty blocks and a diamond border, and it measures approximately 19" square.  This is the first time I have participated in one of the DQS rounds. I am enjoying the process posts that are going up and wondering which one is mine.  I am trying to be conscientious and comment regularly because participation is half the fun, and in theory you can see what your (secret) partner writes and get a good understanding of her likes/dislikes.  Alas, my partner seems almost entirely absent, so I don't know if she's going to like this or not.  I hope she is working on the project she is going to send her partner (who is not me).

Now, please opine: how should I quilt this?

3 comments:

{ Sarah Craig } on: 15 March 2012 at 07:52 said...

I have no idea how you'd quilt it, but it's gorgeous, Lesly! On second thought, though, I might quilt tiny pebbles in all the yellow, and a star of some sort in the purple center - let the rest stand out!

{ jess } on: 15 March 2012 at 10:17 said...

the yellow corners are screaming for something creative and scroll-y.. I'd just echo the pattern 1/4" off the seams in the detailed bits and border. But it's probably easier to say than to do..

{ Little Island Quilting } on: 15 March 2012 at 12:56 said...

All out of opines on quilting but I do like what you've created!

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger